Powerpuff Girls was actually a show about a group of small children crushing the patriarchy and no one will convince me otherwise
No more excuses.
I will forever reblog this
It’s sort of horrifying that we all know what they’re talking about without them really saying it.. that it’s become that much of a norm in our society that we just know.
I WAS GOING TO POST THIS ON MY OTHER BLOG BUT
I CANT get past the fact that the second i read the first one i knew what this post was about and then i started crying in PUBLIC because I’ve heard all of these excuses and it makes me sick because animals understand the word no for fucks sakes my cat knows when i say no i mean no and you are telling me that a teenage boy doesn’t know when a girl wants him to stop and as a girl and being stuck in a situation like this its hard to say no
You think they’ll just spread it around
That they will lie about what really happened
Its terrifying to be in these situations and society makes it okay for girls to be pressured into these situations
Sorry about the rant i just had to say something
when you start shipping something you know is totally wrong
- demon: i possessed you
- me: get the fuck out
- demon: damn...aight...rude ass bitch...i just need a place to stay my girl kicked me out and i aint got no money...
- me: shit man, you can stay but don't be spinning my head like an owl and shit
this man is a national treasure
How the fuck are they burning incense
This was episode 4:20
- Jason died thinking Bruce would save him
- Damian died by his moms hand
- Stephanie died knowing nobody could save her
- Cassandra doesn’t exist anymore
- Dick died
- Tim was never Robin
- Wonder Woman and Superman dating
- Teen Titans Reboot
- Conner dying
- Nightwing being red
- THE NEW 52 FUCKING EVERYTHING UP
Black Hellicoptors are flying around man, is Strex corp© watching San Fran?
We’ve passed like 3 people who would look good panting on their knees covered in sweat.
- Me: Hey Dad, I have a question
- Dad: Alright, lets see if it's within my reach
- Me: What do you think of cultural appropriation?
- Dad: what?
- Me: Cultural appropriation.
- Dad: I think you mean acculturation.
- Me: yeah, I do. But I was using the term the Social Justice Morons use.
- Dad: It's a necessary part of being human, you can't just keep the one culture all of your life!
- Me: So how offended would you be if a bunch of white people started speaking Spanish?
- Dad: Offended? I would be glad, at least they speak my language!
- Me: What if a white guy made tacos?
- Dad: what kind of taco? why would I be offended? Did I invent it and patent it?
- Me: Nope, just an ordinary taco made by a white guy.
- Dad: Why would I be offended? It would like a German guy getting offended because I grilled a hamburger
- Me: Well, because it's a Mexican food, it was discovered and is integral to Mexican culture. What if a white person doesn't respect the history of the taco.
- Dad: When the woman who first created a taco did that, did the Angels descend from heaven with a deed and a copyright form signed by God informing us that only Mexicans can make it?
- Me: Nope. It's just a taco.
- Dad: Precisely, it's a taco, eat it. I would actually be happy for that white guy, tacos are pretty good.
- Me: What if Tyler wanted to celebrate El Dia de Los Muertos? On his own?
- Dad: Tell him to pace himself the skulls are made of pure sugar.
- Me: What if he wanted to celebrate El Dia de la Independencia?
- Dad: Culture is not something handed to you by God to protect and nurse, it's just something that happens to you, and when you think you have it figured out, it changes. That's what cultures do. They change. You know what these people are trying to do, right?
- Me: Yeah,
- Dad: They want us all to hate each other and not speak to each other. They want us Mexicans in Mexico, Afro-Americans in Africa, Asians in Asia and none of us talking or being nice to each other. With no resources, no trade, no rights, and only the one language that only we're allowed to speak so that we can't communicate with anyone outside. And that's after they'd kill off all the white people. They're like the KKK, if the KKK didn't have balls.
- Me: I arrived at the same conclusion.
- Dad: Make yourself a coffee.
- Dad: Just be sure it's Mexican *laughs*
We hear many terrible things throughout our lives, especially those of us who struggle with mental illnesses. These words never really leave our minds. To this day I remember things said to me when I was only five years old. When I go to take a bite of an “unhealthy” food, I hear the voice of my mother when we were on vacation five years ago asking me if I “should be eating a salad instead.” When I reach down and feel my hipbones now all I can hear is the anonymous person messaging me about how I’m “too thin for them.” It’s never good enough. Nothing is ever going to be enough, you will never please everybody and you are not supposed to. You are supposed to live your life for you, regardless of the opinions of others. Punishing your body in order to avoid judgement and criticism will never solve your problems. Your body is not a battleground. It is your home and it deserves love, respect and kindness. If you or a loved one—or even a stranger—appear to be struggling with an eating disorder please do not blow it off as “just a phase.” Talk to someone, reach out, get help before it’s too late. Recovery is worth it. I promise.
Credit to my best friend Jess for helping me as well as Elijah. I could not have made this project a reality without you.
I still love this so much…